Friday, March 13, 2020
Dear Church Family,
I wanted to reach out to you and let you know that our leadership is praying for you and encourage you that nothing that is happening in our world has taken our Father in Heaven by surprise. Our Elders met this evening to discuss the new information that has been presented regarding COVID-19. We had made plans to meet at The Hill Church in response to the closure of the school. Since our initial response, Governor Dewine has issued an executive order banning all gatherings of groups over 100 people. Additionally, today, President Trump declared a state of national emergency.
Though Governor Dewine's executive order was not binding for churches, our Elders deemed it prudent to cancel all activities for the coming week. This includes Sunday's service, all Life Groups, Ladies Bible Study, and all other activities. We will evaluate the situation next week and share further information as we have it.
This Monday evening, we will have a meeting with some of our leadership to discuss ministry plans moving forward. We believe strongly that our current situation provides a unique opportunity for Bridge Bible Church to shine. Our desire is to continue to putting hands and feet on the Gospel message.
We are asking the members of our congregation to do the following:
- Inform us of any needs you have. Our Elders, Deacons, staff, and other leaders are going to continue ministering to the needs of our congregation.
- Serve others. As you are able, look for opportunities to meet the needs of others and share the Gospel message. We need to remember that we have the greatest message of hope in what Jesus has done for us.
- Update your information in CCB & encourage others to do the same. You can accomplish this by emailing Kelli Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Give Faithfully. We are grateful to have such a generous church. Over the past 6 months, you have made it possible to purchase land, securing a future 'base camp' for the ministries of Bridge. Thank you for your generosity. Ministry is going to continue. We wish to continue supporting our missionaries and continue meeting our financial obligations.
- Lastly and most importantly, pray. Pray for each other. Pray for our leaders (Church& Government Leaders). Pray for those affected by COVID-19. This is the most important action you can take.
We will communicate ongoing plans as we have them. I want to thank you for the opportunity to serve you as your pastor. I believe Bridge's brightest days are yet to come.
Serving Him Together,